4g aerial

Johny London

Featured Posts

My coms mast boasts a tv aerial and now a dab aerial - all it needs is a 4g aerial (or "antenna" if you like). Someone said to me that putting a 4g aerial near the other stuff will cause interference. Nonsense I thought - then I remembered about all the fuss when 4g came out and the filters you can get. And realised that actually it will be transmitting as well as receiving.

Wonder if anyone has encountered a problem using  mifi/broadband/4g aerials on a mast?

My 4G antenna is a mag mount on the roof with the tv mast about 4 feet higher and about 4ft to the side of it.  Also the Freeview TV channels I have used are the lower channels so not near the 800MHz 4G signal and i’ve not any any problems.

But that’s not very helpful for you.  However I would not put the 4G antenna in front of the tv antenna and also not at the same height.

11 minutes ago, Tom and Bex said:

Our 4g aerial is mounted on the same mast as the tv aerial and directly above it. No problems whatsoever with tv reception where ever we've moored, it's only 4g reception at our home mooring that is problematic?

I would think that as the 4g antenna is vertical polarised then directly above the horizontal tv antenna puts the tv antenna dipole in the ‘shadow’ of the 4g antenna, so if on the same mast it’s probably the best place for it.  However if the tv transmitter you are using is vertically polarised and using the higher number tv channels then it may have problems.  That said I can’t remember the last time I used a tv transmitter that was vertically polarised.