Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Owl

Watford locks winter stoppage question

Featured Posts

I was wondering how stoppages work- CRT has a listing for watford locks being closed from 05/11-14/12. I understand the locks being closed but on their map they're showing the area being closed as all the way from the locks down to norton junction which seems like a long way if they're only working on the locks? Does that seem like it might be a mistake or normal for stoppages? I don't want to rush through the area if I don't have to but equally don't want to be trapped between the locks and norton junction or worse have crt tow my boat away for being in the wrong place ? (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/13022/lock-1-to-lock-7-watford-locks-leicester-line-grand-union-canal) Anyone have ideas what it might mean? 

It is probably sheer laziness by someone who doesn't know the canal(s) 

There are 2 marinas and 4 other permanently moored boats on this stretch along with the winter moorings at Norton Junction. There is also a winding hole just below the locks.

The text of the stoppage does mention the winding holes above and below the locks as being the nearest winding holes so I guess somebody has just picked the wrong points on the map display.

Just a reminder that Watford Locks opening hours change from tomorrow morning September 30th.

Hours are 08.00 - 17.00 (Last boat in 16.15)

The flight is locked outside of these hours.