Getting work done at the same time?

jetzi

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Bee said:

It seems that there's almost as many differing viewpoints on painting the underwater bit as there are on Brexit, The only place I have ever seen the underneath left unpainted is on the British canal system, if you had a boat hauled out in Holland and you tried to tell the yard that the bottom didn't need painting they would think you were very odd., same everywhere else I've been. When boats had wooden bottoms that was the case, being elm it lasted well enough as it was. I think that is probably where the 'tradition; started., and, of course, its next to impossible to get under the boat at many old docks, I've laid under a boat to caulk a seam or two and stuff that for a lark. If it gets wet - paint it.

Quite agree, but I have given up arguing with those who insist it does not need it. 

I black my bottom, and just say "Mmm" to people who tell me there is no oxygen in the water below 2 feet ... while watching the fish swim through the oxygenating weeds.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

and just say "Mmm" to people who tell me there is no oxygen in the water below 2 feet ... while watching the fish swim through the oxygenating weeds.

My thoughts too. 

However, given my 10mm baseplate is still 9mm thick after 26 years having been left unpainted, I'm reasonably sure it will outlast my boating career. 

• Greenie 1