Water pump oddness..

lampini

Featured Posts

31 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I was going to say they would be no good for you, being an unusual size for boat batteries.  Then I saw that photo you just posted!

https://www.tayna.co.uk/leisure-batteries/enduroline/exv270/

Wrong terminals for you though.

Cor blimey mate - they are massive - 230ah! Ours r about the same size but only 110ah (originally!)- gotta go do family stuff now but I’ll measure them when I can - now I’ve cleared access it won’t b too hard.. just lifting them out will be quite a major feat! The last owner of our boat got them from a mate who was ordering a shed load for a solar farm somewhere.. they are unbranded as far as I can see..

I think I can hear my overdraft crying softly.... 

Edited by lampini

2 minutes ago, lampini said:

Cor blimey mate - they are massive - 230ah! Ours r about the same size but only 110ah (originally!)- gotta go do family stuff now but I’ll measure them when I can - now I’ve cleared access it won’t b too hard.. just lifting them out will be quite a major feat! 

I think I can hear my overdraft crying softly.... 

Our batteries are 230Ah (or 210Ah from another supplier and to the same specification).

Weight 53 kgs each

Can be 'topped up' (not sealed)

Cost £169 each inc next day delivery.

Supplier "Battery Megastore"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-TYPE-625-LORRY-BATTERY-IVECO-MAN-DAF-ETC/110438377504?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

I'd still split them and test each battery though - if one is still working a bit it might keep the lights on until the delivery driver turns up.  That's exactly what I did when mine died.

They do seem pretty d-e-d dead! Sooooo... as we’re lucky enough to be on shoreline for most things - can I get away with putting a bog-standard workshop 12v charger on them so we can use the water pump, gulper and the 12v lights in the evening as a stop gap until we can source new batteries ? Unplugging it during the day when away from the boat.. 

Edited by lampini
Speeling

4 minutes ago, lampini said:

They do seem pretty d-e-d dead!

You are missing the point. You cannot know if they are BOTH dead while they are connected together. Split them and one or the other might well charge up fine. No guarantees though but it’s worth a try. 

44 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You are missing the point. You cannot know if they are BOTH dead while they are connected together. Split them and one or the other might well charge up fine. No guarantees though but it’s worth a try. 

And if one of them is still useable the dead one is killing it by being connected to it.