Middle Levels - Temporary Mooring

Jennifer McM

Featured Posts

On 28/06/2018 at 21:34, rusty69 said:

If its on the middle level, the commssioners will soon be able to do it up with the new licence fee funds:)

It belongs to the Well Creek Trust, not MLC. Ax far as I can discover, apart from the navigation itself, MLC provide no boater facilities - they are all third party. Having to provide them will be a new departure, if ultimately thew new legislation requires that to happen.

On 28/06/2018 at 20:23, Jennifer McM said:

Forgotten I'd taken a pic of the mooring

28-5.jpg

We stayed overnight and it is  a bit more robust than it looks but the ground just behind the planks is a bit soft so take care with pins.

On 28/06/2018 at 22:11, rusty69 said:

Not as cheap as fotrn though. 

more GOBA moorings and generally in better condition than FOTRN

Edited by Mike Todd

On 29/06/2018 at 07:47, Scholar Gypsy said:

I've reported that to Mike.  I prefer the mooring at Waterbeach, on the right just above Bottisham lock. You can see very clearly why the village has that name, the level of the land comes up about ten feet and normal landscape (including things that could be described as hills) starts.

If I remember it correctly from a week or so ago, that mooring is only partly available as the rest was being worked on.