Website for checking Filter numbers

JamesFrance

Featured Posts

Just be a bit wary of these "equivalent" tables.  If you go through a circle (say Fram - Wix - Cooper - Fram) you sometimes don't come back to the original filter, rather like the Chinese Whispers game. This suggests to me that the "equivalent" isn't necessarily the identical spec but more likewise similar.  It's often very difficult to find the spec to check for yourself.  Frankly, after playing this game and not having full confidence in the results, I just buy Beta originals.  I don't see that significant a saving anyway.

I have purchased Baldwin oil and fuel  filters from  inlinefilters but I did first obtain the correct filter reference by other routes.

The prices for some filters from inlinefilters   for my boat have risen in the last year. Prices on the interweb are not always cheap.

I found another supplier but have not used them yet - they require  a minimum order but seem good value 

http://www.partsandfilters.co.uk/

If the saving over genuine branded parts is insignificant it would be wise to stick with the genuine branded items.

I have two engines so savings do become worthwhile.