100gb from Virgin(EE) £20 per month

rogeriko

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Yeah, I've been eyeing them up for months now, particularily for their aerial connecting capabilites.

You need to put their aerials on a Welsh mast... a Dai Pole. 

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

You need to put their aerials on a Welsh mast... a Dai Pole. 

I'll give you a short wave as I go.

Time for a Beverage I think. ( a wee dram for anyone who knows what that is?)

Edited by Dr Bob

19 hours ago, rusty69 said:

I guess a call to the provider will answer the tethering question.

From the "general mobile" bit at the bottom:-

Tethering and peer to peer file sharing prohibited. Acceptable use policy applies.

This has long been a downside to having a phone with Virgin. They once sucked me into going with them because I have Virgin BB at home and a deal was even better. I assumed that because they use EE tethering would not be an issue. However of course it turned out it was so I extricated myself from the contract without penalty within 14 days.

They definitely don't allow it.

I'm not quite sure how somebody manages to use 100 gb on their phone alone, but then again seeing how some people seem permanently glued to them they cleary must do.

37 minutes ago, MJG said:

Im not quite sure how somebody manages to use 100 gb on their phone alone, but then again seeing how some people seem permanently glued to them they cleary must do.

I rarely get through my 32GB allowance 

1 hour ago, MJG said:

This has long been a downside to having a phone with Virgin. They once sucked me into going with them because I have Virgin BB at home and a deal was even better. I assumed that because they use EE tethering would not be an issue. However of course it turned out it was so I extricated myself from the contract without penalty within 14 days.

They definitely don't allow it.

I'm not quite sure how somebody manages to use 100 gb on their phone alone, but then again seeing how some people seem permanently glued to them they cleary must do.

Using one of the TV players or YouTube and connecting the phone via HDMI to the TV would be one way of using a lot of data.  However both the Sky Go and BT Sport players do not allow this an sense you have the cable connected so you can’t universally do that, but I do find is useful on occasion.  I have unlimited data on the phone (plus 30gig tethering) from Three.

16 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Not me. I'm an EEeeeeeeeeeeeeejut. 

A Beverage antenna is a very long receiving antenna for low frequencies. I had one in our garden ( and the neighboring farmers field) for my amateur radio set up. 1000 ft long, 7ft off the ground, pointed at the USA, to receive signals in the 3.8Mhz band (80m). They were excellent directional listening antennas as they cut out a lot of the noise. Had to switch to the phased array of dipoles to transmit though.

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

A Beverage antenna is a very long receiving antenna for low frequencies. I had one in our garden ( and the neighboring farmers field) for my amateur radio set up. 1000 ft long, 7ft off the ground, pointed at the USA, to receive signals in the 3.8Mhz band (80m). They were excellent directional listening antennas as they cut out a lot of the noise. Had to switch to the phased array of dipoles to transmit though.

Jeez Dr Bob, thank gawd for WhatsApp. I haven't got a 7ft farmer, let alone a garden. 

Edited by rusty69

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

A welsh beach is the best place for receiving long waves.

Or Cornwall if your name is Marconi. 

I like macaroni. Especially with cheese and ham. Macaroni's first cross water transmission was actually in Wales not Cornwall. From Lavernock point, near Cardiff, to Flat Holm. 

I am full of useless information this morning.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dr Bob said:

I like macaroni. Especially with cheese and ham. Macaroni's first cross water transmission was actually in Wales not Cornwall. From Lavernock point, near Cardiff, to Flat Holm. 

I am full of useless information this morning.

Did he like lizards with his pasta too?