Moored in the wrong place.

Jrtm

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

The poster to whom I was responding suggested that if I was single handing the other crew might stick around to assist me in the lock and therefore the departing boat would require to use the lock landing. Hence my meaning was that I wouldn't expect the crew to hang around to close a gate behind me.

JP

O its great when friends do that, hires or single handers seem the worst culprits, when you are following them there are always 2 boats waiting at the next lock regardless or if the way ahead of them is clear

If im single boat regardless of single handed if there is a boat behind ill wait at the next lock unless they are taking a long time to get in and out of locks or are not insight when i get to the next lock, ill always if i can ill try and turn the lock for them if there is nothing coming or they havent sent someone ahead.

The only time i dont is if i have to be somewhere by a set time, when i posted this, this was one of the few times i had to be somewhere i went and took the photos while waiting for the lock to fill and empty and i could easly see what my boat was doing and didnt have to loose eye and very short distance from it.

• Greenie 1