Attempted theft

Moosey

Featured Posts

The Police force had Constables. Now Officers.

Used to be crime prevention, now?

obviously too few to manage. Like Doctors,nurses,ambulance crews,sailors,soldiers,airman,teachers and whatever. You can always reduce service,but as as far as it starts to seriously effect efficiency. At present things have gone too far,and in some cases so  far that recovery will take a long time and will be very expensive to recover.

Edited by Nightwatch

8 hours ago, Phil. said:

Perhaps I should clarify my post. My accusation of incompetence is not levelled in general at individual officers, although there are quite a few who are, but at the organisation and the way it is managed which falls squarely on the shoulders of senior management teams, who for the most part are more concerned with their next promotion opportunity than they are with solving crimes or addressing serious failings within their organisation. As for the government cuts to police budgets, yes these too.

There may be a measure of truth in that, but look at what the current government do to try to 'resolve' the issue, they bring in the idea of direct entry for Inspectors and Superintendents, so lets bring people to the job who have no knowledge and real committment to it, that'll improve things (not!:angry:). This isn't anecdotal either, of the 5 first direct entry Superintendents enrolled 2 quit within 2 years having been paid circa£120,000 plus training costs, value for money? I don't think so. Addressing the issue of quality of staff? I don't think so. What Winsor wants is a transient workforce who just come and 'do' Policing for a couple of years (presumably to give them something on their CV) and then go and do something else. If you think the policing you've got now is poor, wait until they have finished fully b*ggering it up. If they can find a way of 'privatising' it they will. Welcome to the G4S, Serco and Capita crime reporting and 'investigaton' call centre, this is the future.

• Greenie 1