Good marina near Halifax

mross

Featured Posts

You have to moor to sliding rings (vertically) and that put me off. In the club guide it says, "We also need a 'crew register' of boat owners who are prepared to take out nonboat-owning members on their boat." and I am writing to them to see what this entails.

You have to moor to sliding rings (vertically) and that put me off. In the club guide it says, "We also need a 'crew register' of boat owners who are prepared to take out nonboat-owning members on their boat." and I am writing to them to see what this entails.

South Pennine Boat Club is a CASC registered organisation which needs to provide facilities for non-boat owning members including the ability to participate in the 'sport' of motor cruising. The register is of those boat-owning members who are prepared to offer non-boat owning members the opportunity to cruise.

There is a long waiting list for moorings and berths over 50ft are particularly scarce just now. Some members with boats over 50ft have been on the moorings waiting list for more than a year. Mooring members are expected to contribute to maintenance and upkeep at monthly working weekends. There are no residential moorings. Following Boxing Day 2015 there are now robust flood defence procedures. Along with rise and fall poles there are also safety poles to prevent boats settling on the jetties after a big flood.

Edited to add the social aspects are excellent and there are several real ale pubs close by.

Edited by Midnight