Eily Gayford's Badge.

bookworm

Featured Posts

Yes my blog. Glad you like it. Plenty there from the last few years to see when your really bored.

Just making me envious about all the books I haven't got and never will have...

But it has prompted me finally - after five years - to email a former colleague and ask for my copy of John Seymour's Voyage into England back.

Mr. Worm, thanks for posting this. I shall indeed be having another look at your web site.

As a trader myself in old records, I am constantly astounded by the daft prices which some items - not necessarily the best ones - command.

Speaking of books, Lou came back with two yesterday; 'Curlew on the Cut' by Beatrice Lawrence published 1968. It's a childrens story book, a bit - "I say, frightfully good of you", from the children, and an exclamation from the youngest of: "Golliwogs, it's awfully late!" , the working boat people speech is more in the vernacular, and it's accurate in many respects of boat working and places passed.

The other is 'Canals of England' by Eric de Maré, the republished paperback of 1987 reprinted in '91 of the original 1950 book. £3. and £3.50 respectively.

Despite being no 'collector', it's almost depressing the amount of tat that builds up. Still, one man's tat is another man's whatever.