What do you think of this boat? (Newbie here)

Indyjanas

Featured Posts

No one seems to have mentioned it.......

If you are intending to take it to London, have you looked into the mooring problems there?

It might be worth joining the London Boaters Facebook page.

Yes they have. Someone near the beginning suggested this would be the probable reason for sale, ie can't find a mooring. Definitely not Alan Fincher....

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Sadly no there isn't. Brokers bring a whole nother set of problems! Have a search for "Whilton" on here and read about their reputation, for example.

Now now Mike, remember that just because you and Alan have had a bad experience with them, there are many others, like me, who have actually bought a boat from them and think they're excellent.

• Greenie 1

It looks well presented for an older boat and someone obviously had a bit of pride inside it.

As said a nackered hull = a lot of money to put right.

I would say find a boat with a newer hull, the inside can be nice by a novice diy'er.

It's rather strange that the boat was blacked in 2013, and was surveyed in 2015.

Why didn't they bother to black it at the same time ? (in 2015)

Peter.

Perhaps it was one of these "surveys" one sometimes hears about where the boat isn't actually taken out of water? :lol:

I hate being negative about someones prospective boat but it is an elderly and overpriced boat, the inside looks nice enough but at that age it may well have a through bilge, i.e. water in the front seeps through to the back leaving rust on its way and it may well have an integral water tank with 40 yrs of crud in it and might have almost rusted through anyway, so might the integral fuel tank. IF that was built by a really good builder or was historically interesting it could be desirable - still expensive but worth thinking about. Keep looking for something that is / was a good quality boat and don't be persuaded by a smart interior re fit.

Now now Mike, remember that just because you and Alan have had a bad experience with them, there are many others, like me, who have actually bought a boat from them and think they're excellent.

Many others?

I can only think of two posting on here, and you are one of them! Plenty of posters here have told negative stories about their experiences with them.

No matter how bad a company's ethics might be, there will always be the odd customer slips through the net without getting stitched up!