Crick marina word on the cut

b0atman

Featured Posts

I've disposed of oil at HWRC all over the country and not yet been asked for id, although I keep expecting to. Does it make a difference that I always walk in? Given that I've often walked or cycled a couple of miles to get there I think I would be inclined to put the full oil cans on the ground and leave them to it. What could they actually do? No registration number to get a name and address from. Are they going to run after me and physically restrain me?

Having said that, when I buy oil I ask if they can dispose of the old stuff (the law should he such that they have to) At the last place, ABC at Ellesmere, they asked for £2 disposal charge. I was happy to pay it.

I was turned away from my local tip when I walked in. You're not allowed to visit on foot with all those vehicles about. We can't be trusted to stay safe.

Of course I dumped my rubbish before I left anyway. Ooh I'm a rebel ;)

Rog

I've walked in to the Milton Keynes tip a few times with oil and other things. You can moor by Bridge 74, and it's just a short walk -- although it seemed much longer on the occasion I took an old starter battery in...

I was turned away from my local tip when I walked in. You're not allowed to visit on foot with all those vehicles about. We can't be trusted to stay safe.

Of course I dumped my rubbish before I left anyway. Ooh I'm a rebel wink.png

Rog

Yeah our tips down in that wilderness of Wales has huge signs saying no walking in with rubbish.."Elf n Safety"..however folks still do when queue long..men so hate to queue( I have only ever seen men walk in)...its interesting to see if they get there before staff stop them...