Mersey crossing

Bunny

Featured Posts

Took some organisation but crossed from Liverpool to Ellesmere Port this morning . Many thanks to our pilot Stuart Wood for his expertise , knowledge of the river and company . Lovely crossing , bit bumpy for the first 10 minutes but like a pancake after that , have crossed the Ribble in worse conditions .

About 70 minutes to Eastham. Another 40 minutes to Ellesmere Port , but for all our spot on arrangements Peel holdings didn't remember there was a yellow plastic , fuel spillage boom across the entrance to the basin and that took us an hour to move and put back . Stuart eventually got hold of someone to said ' sorry we forgot' . Weston Marsh lock is out of action for at least another 2 weeks and Salford has a lift bridge problem . Which is why we went in at Ellesmere. Will try and get a few pics up when I get them off the camera . Bunny .

Salford doesn't have a lift bridge problem any longer. The cargo ship that comes up to Eccles has made it the last two weeks.

We were at the lift bridge on Friday and apart from not seeing the cables which were off the pulleys the bridge is still in its fallen position and the closure notice is still in place, and when I last called Peel they did not have a date for the removal of the bridge

Talking to CART today at E/Port Marsh lock is to be completed before Christmas ??

However the wide lock at E/Port should be in operation within a couple of weeks

Ray

I noticed that they were working on the wide lock at Ellesmere Port on Wednesday when I was last there, but I'm wondering what's the point? The motorway bridges restrict beam to about 10' so any normal "widebeam" is only a couple of yards further on, if it came in off the MSC. I don't think many boats which are 7'<width<10' exist, although there is the museum's sightseeing boat.

Yes, sorry for rubbish info. Checked on another website. That means the cargo ship has been trapped since the deck fell. It wasn't on berth the other day though so I'm not sure what is going on. Insurance bill must be going up daily.

I noticed that they were working on the wide lock at Ellesmere Port on Wednesday when I was last there, but I'm wondering what's the point? The motorway bridges restrict beam to about 10' so any normal "widebeam" is only a couple of yards further on, if it came in off the MSC. I don't think many boats which are 7'<width<10' exist, although there is the museum's sightseeing boat.

Also measured the above today whilst there and its 11 ft wide,confirmed by the steerer of the museum trip boat as he was passing through as we measured the channel

Ray