Battery warranty

boatsandsteam

Featured Posts

What would be interesting is the equivalent curve for some cheapo leisures. Would the curve have a similar shape and slope, or would cycle life fall much more steeply at deeper discharges????

For interest I looked up a lithium battery. About 2000 at 80% DOD - https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet_Lithium_ion_rev03_EN_web.pdf

For interest I looked up a lithium battery. About 2000 at 80% DOD - https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet_Lithium_ion_rev03_EN_web.pdf

That link don't work for me.

2000 at 80% is only twice as good as Trojans, and because Trojan appear to concentrate on the T105, aiming at golf carts, off grid installations etc etc they must have a huge economy of scale and so will likely provide much better value than any alternatives.

Looking back at the Trojan cycle life (link above) I note it says "Stationary Applications", I wonder if Trojan know something here? maybe they do less well if they get shaken up quite a bit.

..............Dave

2000 at 80% is only twice as good as Trojans, and because Trojan appear to concentrate on the T105, aiming at golf carts, off grid installations etc etc they must have a huge economy of scale and so will likely provide much better value than any alternatives.

Looking back at the Trojan cycle life (link above) I note it says "Stationary Applications", I wonder if Trojan know something here? maybe they do less well if they get shaken up quite a bit.

..............Dave

My thinking would be that you can consider a narrowboat as a stationary application. A sea boat would mix them up quite a lot! The only thing I can think of is that agitation would prevent stratification, so you would probably end up with a more efficient battery for a slightly shorter life.

..............Dave

It's about the same as the Rolls 5000 series, The Rolls 4000 have similar cycles to the Trojans. The benefit with Lithium is that the voltage stays the same where lead acid it reduces with the DOD and leaving in a partial discharge state doesn't hurt it so from fully charged to 50% DoD, full charge,and then discharge to 50% again, and the charge is one cycle. The reason why 80% on lithiums is that the battery controller won't let you discharge further as it will kill the battery. Edited by Robbo