Beta 28 Hour Meter

Featured Posts

We have an issue with the hour meter on the Taco connected to a Beta 28 (Beta panel as well). I've searched though the threads and a lot of people say they have had issues where they just need drying out. The rev counter etc. work properly so there is power to the panel.

So far we have tried that and to be fair everything on the back of the panel was dry as a bone. All the wiring looks as it should i've looked at the wiring diagram but can't trace which wires feed the display. Any ideas what else to try or which wires feed the display?

On mine the digital hours didn't display but we're still being recorded. I ordered some small packets of silica gel from Amazon (I think) and placed them around the back of the Rev counter. A few days later the hours started to display again so I just replaced the silica gel packets every six months and no more issues. I think it is quite common with Beta panels.

On mine the digital hours didn't display but we're still being recorded. I ordered some small packets of silica gel from Amazon (I think) and placed them around the back of the Rev counter. A few days later the hours started to display again so I just replaced the silica gel packets every six months and no more issues. I think it is quite common with Beta panels.

Also Barrus, Isuzu, Vetus, Yanmar, Volvo Penta & any other make using Siemens VDO Tachometer guages.

Click on the attached file in this article for a possible remedy.

http://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/engine-hour-lcd-meter-repair.148593/

Edited by Flyboy