Continuous Cruising Clarification...

Frog Man

Featured Posts

I think everyone accepts that "continuous cruiser" is simply an invented term which has been widely accepted, but that shouldn't taken literally.

Trouble is that it is taken literally by many people, including some contributors to this thread.

Keith

I think everyone accepts that "continuous cruiser" is simply an invented term which has been widely accepted, but that shouldn't taken literally.

I disagree.

We repeatedly see incorrect comments on here (even from people you'd expect to know better) about the law using the term.

Just to muddy things up further, its quite reasonable that a boater may choose to visit that waterway (on their boat), by arranging it to be lifted out of the connected & navigable CRT waterway network, put on a truck then put into the B&T. Then lift the boat out again at a later date.

Indeed - or for some people (me) just bung one's smaller boat on a trailer behind a big car!

That said, I suspect the system would overheat if trailable boats were trailed too often, sightings on the B&T, the K&A, the Leeds and Liverpool, the Tees, with no evidence of having cruised between them help.gifjudge.gif

Indeed - or for some people (me) just bung one's smaller boat on a trailer behind a big car!

That said, I suspect the system would overheat if trailable boats were trailed too often, sightings on the B&T, the K&A, the Leeds and Liverpool, the Tees, with no evidence of having cruised between them help.gifjudge.gif

Stand by for numbers to be noted at every slipway!