A Plug for an Excellent Boat Mover - Nigel Carton

AdamG

Featured Posts

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this on here, but I expect it will be removed if not...

Nigel Carton brought my 50' nb down all the way from Yorkshire to Milton Keynes in an amazing 7 days. Nigel kept me well-informed of his progress by phone, text and email and put in 12-hour days where daylight allowed, starting off at the crack of dawn.

As well as being an extremely capable helmsman, he affected some minor repairs on the way down, such as fiddling with the wiring for the bow light to enable him to get through Braunston tunnel.

On arrival in MK, he was able to give me a comprehensive run down of my boat, it's plusses and minuses, as well as a few things he felt needed looking into - very useful as I'd not had the chance to take my boat out for any length of time since buying her.

I would say that Nigel's fee for this journey was very reasonable but what's more important is that he really enjoyed the journey which, to me, means that he was not looking at this job as a chore and something to get done as soon as possible, but as a pleasurable task.

After the delivery, Nigel said that I could call him any time regarding my boat as he, obviously, now has quite a lot of experience in sailing her and we've already been in touch a couple of times since.

Long and short - if you want a boat moving and you're lucky enough to find Nigel available at the right time, go for it!

• Greenie 3

Yes, good chap is Nigel. I too recommend him to anyone who wants a boat moving. But remind him to check the diesel tank from time to time during the journey..

(He'll know what I mean).

We've supped beers with him but fortunately never been tempted over to the dark side.

I can't understand how anybody who's standard tipple is Newcastle Brown could type that with a straight face!