Cratch covers

NB Lola

Featured Posts

Hello oh knowledgable ones.

I have now had my cratch built. Hussar!!

Oh but he says......

I now need to buy a canvas cover but I am in need suggestions on best fit option, zips, Windows, roll down covers etc.

Thoughts?

Many thanks in advance

Is this to go over the cratch cover ? We have a cratch cover and I have often wondered whether to cover it over winter to preserve the cratch. ( the boat is usually laid up for a while)

To others who have and do : .....Would / do the plastic windows get scratched from the cover over the windy winter ?

I pressure washed ours last spring and it brought it up looking like new, although I won't do it every year as it probably suffers a bit in the process...

Nick

Our first shareboat had a cratch cover without zips. It was a PITA to roll up every time we moved.

Got two zips put into each side so only a section had to be filled up. Bliss.

Current boat has one zip, so you unclip the bungees onto the cabin, undo the zip and roll up that section . not quite as easy as 2 zips, but provides easier access due to the bigger hole.

Windows give more light but less security for things left in the cratch. There again they make it possible to see someone hiding in the cratch, so may provide less cover for a burglar to work undisturbed.

Is this to go over the cratch cover ? We have a cratch cover and I have often wondered whether to cover it over winter to preserve the cratch. ( the boat is usually laid up for a while)

To others who have and do : .....Would / do the plastic windows get scratched from the cover over the windy winter ?

I pressure washed ours last spring and it brought it up looking like new, although I won't do it every year as it probably suffers a bit in the process...

Nick

Nope, I have a cratch and need a cover, but thanks for your question