Will it fit?

Sir Richard Head

Featured Posts

I've a 60ft Aqualine Trad on order and received first picture from Poland today of the hull that's about finished.

Completion should be end of April. Lindy and myself have gone for the Ash interior which is rather modern as we wanted to breakaway from the more traditional finish darker finish. You can go for Oak if you prefer. The woodwork is really very good and all hardwood.

We have also gone for the uprated 2500 inverter, washing machine and TV (really 'pushed the boat out' but we have waited a long time for our own boat)

Chris and Gemma at Hanbury have been really helpfull with the purchase...infact the whole team are really good.

We recon the Aqualine Manhatton offers realy good value for money. So we now can't wait for delivery!!

Regards Stephen (N.B. 'Reeve' to be)

I know an option on the Aqualine is 240volt alternator and / or a 2500watt inverter which is best? Both or one or the other?

I would go for both, the alternator would be used whilst traveling and also give a greater wattage, I expect you do not say its rating, you may need to run the engine for a heavy load like a washing machine.

The Inverter would be used in the evening and not disturb the neighbours. Zzzz.gif

Completion should be end of April. Lindy and myself have gone for the Ash interior which is rather modern as we wanted to breakaway from the more traditional finish darker finish. You can go for Oak if you prefer.

Don't wish to diasapoint you too much, but Ash will eventually mature to a darker hue than either Oak or Pine, it will take about twenty years though. I agree with John Squeers that the joinery does look good, and it actually is joinery rather than the fabrication which many boatbuilders pretend is joinery these days.

You need to be a bit careful here, at times of water shortage you are likely to be prevented from using wide locks in the way that has been described

I'm not sure if you mean going diagonally, or using the one gate method - yes I agree that the diagonal method is a waste of water, but the one gate method doesn't waste any - you just put a shorter boat in next to the longer one, and as I tried to explain, you get a longer boat in 'one gate' than you do 'diagonal' - I still think I'm correct in saying this, I'm sure that if I wasn't, someone would have replied to prove me wrong by now......

I would go for both, the alternator would be used whilst traveling and also give a greater wattage, I expect you do not say its rating, you may need to run the engine for a heavy load like a washing machine.

The Inverter would be used in the evening and not disturb the neighbours

I'm still working on the final spec for my Aqualine which will go into build in mid-August. I've decided on the 240volt generator but am still undecided as to whether its worth spending an extra £1800 to upgrade from the 1200w Victron to the 2500w version.

Also still not sure whether to go for the 60' boat in preference to the 57' verson.

I'm still working on the final spec for my Aqualine which will go into build in mid-August.  I've decided on the 240volt generator but am still undecided as to whether its worth spending an extra £1800 to upgrade from the 1200w Victron to the 2500w version.

Also still not sure whether to go for the 60' boat in preference to the 57' verson.

Its up to you Sir Richard, i have the same problem in deciding its all down to the reminaing space after the dinnette been fitted. Depends on whether you wish to have free standing furniture. still 6ft should give you a 2 seater settee (JUST) Ask wheather someone else is having a 57ft with dinette

I'm still working on the final spec for my Aqualine which will go into build in mid-August. I've decided on the 240volt generator but am still undecided as to whether its worth spending an extra £1800 to upgrade from the 1200w Victron to the 2500w version.

The 2.5kw is a very good unit.

• 1 month later...

Okay you've got the Leeds and Liverpool long boat, which is widebeam and 72ft long, such as "Ambush" and then you have the Leeds and Liverpool short boats like "Bacup" at ellesmere port.

I thought the point of this was that the short boats could get anywhere, hence why they're 10ft shorter.

After a careful look at Nicholson's, it would seem to me that apart from the Calder & Hebble, the Huddersfield Broad and the canals north of York the rest of the network is pretty much do-able with a 60 footer with too much of a struggle.

By not having access to the Huddersfield broad, it would make the Huddersfield narrow into an "out and back" trip.

Derek

Edited for typo

Edited by Derek