help needed

ukrizla

Featured Posts

Thanks for the replies. Switch A is dead as it shows but B is still OK. It was fine last night I'm sure. The master switches are under the floor in the engine bay, so I don't think they have been knocked as I haven't been in there for a few days.

What are B1 and B2? are they your starter battery and leisure bank of batteries? what runs off B1 and does it still work?

It would seem strange to get no display at all from your meter so I would suspect that a wire has come adrift. or a fuse between the switch and battery has blown. if wired correctly this should be close to the battery but dont be surprised if the wire goes to somewhere else because it it just needs to pick up on any point where that battery may feed.

It could also be the switch of course.

Happy hunting

It is possible but very unlikely that one battery has gone absolutely flat so if we rule that out it has to en a fuse, faulty switch or loose connection.

I am afraid it will need a voltmeter or a test lamp with one side connected to battery negative. Then starts at the battery terminal for the bank that has no reading step along the cables towards the switch on your panel. As you get to each terminal on a switch or junction block/box touch the other lead to that point. The meter should read or the bulb should light up. When it does not you will have just passed the fault point. If you can not find a gfault it is possible that you will have to do something similar on the negative side.

In this case a voltmeter should be ok for simple testing because the meter on the panel has no reading so whatever resistance the fault has it is very high.