Diesel fire fuel valve

Featured Posts

Hi

We currently have a 5/16 wade plug cock with 1/4 inlet and outlet fitted inline from the the diesel tank to the diesel fire. It as started weeping at the bottom of the valve so I took it apart but it is a brass body without any seals I presume it is now worn past its tolerences.

Does anyone know where I can get a 5/16 stainless steel lever ball valve with 1/4 inlet and outlet as a replacement as I think it may be better.

Thanks

Hi

We currently have a 5/16 wade plug cock with 1/4 inlet and outlet fitted inline from the the diesel tank to the diesel fire. It as started weeping at the bottom of the valve so I took it apart but it is a brass body without any seals I presume it is now worn past its tolerences.

Does anyone know where I can get a 5/16 stainless steel lever ball valve with 1/4 inlet and outlet as a replacement as I think it may be better.

Thanks

BES. 9620, 8MM inlet and outlet, or 9619, 6mm inlet and outlet.

Hi

Thanks

Do you mean 1/4" BSP compression to 5/16" tube?

If you think thats expensive, google 5/16 wade plug cock they average £27 - £31 for brass

Tapered plug cocks are easy to recondition yourself, by taking it apart. Undo the locked nut, remove spring or spring washer and pull out the plug and handle. Lap the tapered plug into its mating tapered hole in the body by hand with a gentle but firm turning motion using fine valve grinding paste and then T-cut or Brasso, even fine ash from the stove mixed with a drop of oil will do it. A tiny leak will only probably need lapping with the T-cut or Brasso to restore the two mating tapers back to a perfect leak proof condition. After lapping clean both parts thoroughly with paraffin, white spirit before reassembly. When reassembling only tighten the nut ''just so'' 'to say' half compressing the spring, NOT LOCKED UP TIGHT.

Thanks for that bizzard I will give it a try later if I,m back home. But if not I will do it on the weekend. The plug cock fitted to the fire as not got the nut it is fitted with a split pin. I have already had it apart but never thought of laping it to refresh the surfaces. Cheers bud ?

The guy at harworth heating said the fires usually come with 8mm fittings but its the boat yards that change things hence the 5/16 tap with 1/4 inlet and outlet. Not to bad to get a bit of a weep now though, it as been in the boat since 2005.

Edited by lesrollins