Being on a sinking boat is a weird feeling...

mykaskin

Featured Posts

A full length boat is a tight fit in there, Mike

Richard

I'm surprised - I thought Simon told us it was lengthened to about 80 feet.

They had the devils own job both getting "Sickle" into it, and back out again, even though we moved a lot of ballast forward before the exit attempt,

Tee canal where they sink it is sufficiently silted that it doesn't sink enough for a boat with a draught like "Sickle" to float over the lip. "Sickle" was eventually helped in by repeated "nudging" by Simon's boat (!)

I'm surprised - I thought Simon told us it was lengthened to about 80 feet.

They had the devils own job both getting "Sickle" into it, and back out again, even though we moved a lot of ballast forward before the exit attempt,

Tee canal where they sink it is sufficiently silted that it doesn't sink enough for a boat with a draught like "Sickle" to float over the lip. "Sickle" was eventually helped in by repeated "nudging" by Simon's boat (!)

The area the dock sinks in was dredged just before Christmas which should put an end to the search for human ballast and other shenanigans to get boats on & off. Wasn't there today to see how it went, out boating which is the subject for another thread.

When?

Only twelve years ago (!) it was tricky getting around the ends of Tawny

Richard

It was a good fit, not loads of room but enough. Of course one end looses 5 or so foot because of the original deck - that's where the pumps stand. Edited by mykaskin