Boatman's Stove and radiators

strummerjoe

Featured Posts

Hi all,

A question for anybody who has one of Eddie's Boatman's Stoves with a back boiler. I have recently bought one for my 52' boat and wanted to find out how it performs with a calorifier and radiators?

At the moment I plan to connect it to my 75 litre surecal calorifier and then to one or possibly more radiators depending on how it performs.

Does anyone have any experience in this area that they could share with me?

Many thanks

Strummerjoe

Thanks Peter. Defiantly planning on having at least one rad. I am just trying to find out how many it can take. Being a small stove I am trying to see how long it takes people on average to heat their water and, as I am assuming this process will take priority over the rads, how long it then takes the rads to warm and how many.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers.

Joe

Thanks Peter. Defiantly planning on having at least one rad. I am just trying to find out how many it can take. Being a small stove I am trying to see how long it takes people on average to heat their water and, as I am assuming this process will take priority over the rads, how long it then takes the rads to warm and how many.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers.

Joe

As it is a 4kW stove my guess would be no more than 1kW goes into the boiler. So probably 3 or 4 rads.

I would phone Eddie and ask him what output the back boiler is and then match the boilers rated output to the new rads. Use lever valves to close off any rads that are not gravity rads to give priority/send more boilers heat to the calorifier. Go for at least 1 gravity double rad and rest pumped or all gravity rads and pumped calorifier circuit. I have all 3 gravity rads and pumped calorifier circuit.

Jamescheers.gif