BBC4 - Canals making of a nation - all 4 episodes

Bloomsberry

Featured Posts

My recorder died when they were first on, so thanks for this.

However there's actually six episodes and the others are scheduled to be on BBC4 today (30th) at 7pm and on Thursday 7th January at 7.30pm.

Thanks for that, Joe. I hadn't noticed the other 2 episodes.

Don't bother. All the people on it are suspicious looking characters. Especially the Birmingham one. ninja.gif

It was good!.. I too moved onto my boat in 2010 and faced that harsh winter, wasnt it great! I loved it, toasty warm and such a fantastically different start to a new life.

It was good!.. I too moved onto my boat in 2010 and faced that harsh winter, wasnt it great! I loved it, toasty warm and such a fantastically different start to a new life.

It was memorable and wonderful. I had a winter mooring in Brum and had every possible problem. Particularly a non-working engine and a hastily bought genny. I was iced in for around 2 months and ran out of water. I managed to get some by borrowing hoses from other boaters and stringing them across the middle of Brum until they reached my boat. What fun!

I thought the program was really good......and a great advert for the canals in general.

I've given feedback to the producer, saying it was well received by boaters in general.

Dave_P, you're a star! When these repeats were on yesterday evening I was hurtling down the M6 on my way back from Foxy's boat via Manchester, but I've just seen that episode on my Virgin Media catch-up, along with two others I missed when they were first on. That just leaves me episode 4 which I presume will be shown on the 7th. Thank you to Bloomsberry for pointing this out.