Lidl battery charger

gary955

Featured Posts

Apparently the largest charging current it can deliver is 12 amps, so whilst it would be OK for topping up a bank that isn't seriously depleted, if you had a large bank and it were, then this would take a very long while to charge it.

It seems to me it can only throughput a maximum of about 180 watts, so it would, i would have thought, be a poor choice to use with a generator of any significant output - just too slow.

I'd say for gentle charging from a landline only.

It looks like its suitable for cars. I'm not sure how useful the start boost is, hopefully it would do the job without damaging the charger. It will never be as good as jump starting from another car with decent jump leads though. So, for cars, seems a little too high a price, given that there's plenty of choice on eBay, prices for 12A chargers start at £23 (without the start boost function).

I thought BT frowned upon charging things from the landline .... laugh.png

As has been said its 12 amps max, so ok for finishing off / topping up from a shoreline, but a waste of petrol to use with a genny - most have an 8A output anyway.

You really need at the very least a 25 amp charger and preferably a 50 amp or more, rated for "continuous" duty.

Nick