Parking at Gloucester docks

RichM

Featured Posts

Hi does anyone know of free 24hr car parking at or within short walking distance from Gloucester docks? Ideally somewhere reasonably safe.

Cheers

When I have boated from Gloucester I have left the car on a side street near the pedestrian swing bridge about a mile south of the docks. You can leave the boat here for 14 days too. Its a pleasant walk along the towpath, or there is a bus which runs down the parallel road on the east side of the canal.

When I have boated from Gloucester I have left the car on a side street near the pedestrian swing bridge about a mile south of the docks. You can leave the boat here for 14 days too. Its a pleasant walk along the towpath, or there is a bus which runs down the parallel road on the east side of the canal.

FYI the bridge is called Hempsted, see https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Hempsted,+Gloucester+GL2/@51.8480255,-2.264302,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x487106302a9c66dd:0xacb8ffbec0854dc9

There are some roads near to Sainsbury's but there is often car side window glass on the road. It happens to old as well as new cars. So fairly central I don't know of anywhere safe and free. However if you want to be close to the docks you can park in the multi storey car park by the travel lodge for £10 per day, which is safe but expensive. Better to park away from the centre and walk back as already suggested.

Plenty of little residential side streets just off the Bristol Road , south of the docks.

Somewhere like Robinson Road

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.8534808,-2.2469999,3a,90y,117.05h,69.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-si8QyCbG26OL-WGtuLP2w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I'd be happy to "merge in" with the residents for a few days.

Edited by Paradox Pete