Jam Ole Run 2008 video

mykaskin

Featured Posts

I know, it's a bit old, but I've only recently uploaded the full video to YouTube (it was available elsewhere).

It comes in two videos - a titles/trailer video, and the rest of the full length movie. The following is a link to the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8HwGbPmKqScKTi0VLoRTlTQ37OgeMwdR

which includes both videos. Enjoy!

Jam%20Ole%2008%20Group%20Photo.jpg

Mike

Well there's something surprisingly topical given that it was filmed 7 years ago.

Study the main video at about the 05:00 minutes mark, (i.e. quite near the beginning)

What we have there is a "Large Northwich" boat ("Stanton") in this case, the same type as our "Flamingo", hung on the bottom gates of a Hillmorton lock whilst attempting to descend.

Not the same boat, not the same lock, (but same flight), and it appears to be hung in a subtly different way, not actually involving a protruding hexagonal nut, but it gives a fair insight into why the paddles need to be dropped very quickly if such a situation occurs.

Well there's something surprisingly topical given that it was filmed 7 years ago.

Study the main video at about the 05:00 minutes mark, (i.e. quite near the beginning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfshPSkNDfI

What we have there is a "Large Northwich" boat ("Stanton") in this case, the same type as our "Flamingo", hung on the bottom gates of a Hillmorton lock whilst attempting to descend.

Not the same boat, not the same lock, (but same flight), and it appears to be hung in a subtly different way, not actually involving a protruding hexagonal nut, but it gives a fair insight into why the paddles need to be dropped very quickly if such a situation occurs.

Nasty situation. Did that incident create the dent on the bow?

Edited by mark99