Fuel Save Diesel Additive

boatsandsteam

Featured Posts

When docking I make a point of draining off any water at the tap because the boat is then level on the stocks, or should be and any water should move forwards towards the tap. There should be plenty of time to do it whilst docked, more industrious than watching paint dry. More and more boats these days are not fitted with a tank drain plug or tap though.

As a far as I know the answer is yes. All the BSS care about is that the end of the drain is mechanically capped in some way so occidentally turning the tap on can not result in a bilge full of diesel.

Just be aware, depending upon design, that as most narrowboats trim down by the stern a drain in the front of the tank may leave a fair bit of water in the tank.

Thanks Tony. Hadn't thought of the stern trim down, so perhaps will stick to the "pipe and pump" as normal.

When docking I make a point of draining off any water at the tap because the boat is then level on the stocks, or should be and any water should move forwards towards the tap. There should be plenty of time to do it whilst docked, more industrious than watching paint dry. More and more boats these days are not fitted with a tank drain plug or tap though.

Makes sense. wouldn't work where we normally go as it is a sloping slipway, but will remember that tip if/when we go in a traditional drydock.

Thanks Tony. Hadn't thought of the stern trim down, so perhaps will stick to the "pipe and pump" as normal.

Makes sense. wouldn't work where we normally go as it is a sloping slipway, but will remember that tip if/when we go in a traditional drydock.

May help, depends where you are draining from. I dip via the filler which is at the stern, I just wish I had thought of it when we were on the slip for a few days this year

May help, depends where you are draining from. I dip via the filler which is at the stern, I just wish I had thought of it when we were on the slip for a few days this year

Next time perhaps ;)

Cetainly should make the job easier.