Pump out toilet.

jeanb

Featured Posts

Slight Hijack of the Thread but I was wondering all you lovely people with great smelling tanks could answer the following

Do you put toilet paper down the loo? Do you have a maserator of drop through toilet?

Thank you

Slight Hijack of the Thread but I was wondering all you lovely people with great smelling tanks could answer the following

Do you put toilet paper down the loo? Do you have a maserator of drop through toilet?

Thank you

Oh heck! Yes! What we're you thinking of doing with it? ;)

We have a macerator (so nothing but easily macerated toilet tissue), but drop through is the same.

Thank you

We have a macerator toilet and yes, we put toilet paper through it.

We do however only use toilet paper that will dissolve readily in water. We test toilet paper for suitability by putting a sheet of it in a glass of water for 1 minute, and then stirring it. If it falls apart it is OK to use if remains whole it is not because it risks getting jammed in the pump out machine.

Oh heck! Yes! What we're you thinking of doing with it? wink.png

Bin it. I used to have to do that on some of the yachts I have been on. Not our first choice by far

We have a macerator toilet and yes, we put toilet paper through it.

We do however only use toilet paper that will dissolve readily in water. We test toilet paper for suitability by putting a sheet of it in a glass of water for 1 minute, and then stirring it. If it falls apart it is OK to use if remains whole it is not because it risks getting jammed in the pump out machine.

Off to test now.

When we bought our boat in May the hire company used Blue in our 2 tanks. We were told to add blue every time the smell got bad. Needles to say we flooded the tanks with the stuff over the next couple of weeks. After some research we discovered that was the worst possible thing to do. We have pumped out about 6-7 times since then and really given the tanks a good flush sometimes filling the tank 2-3 times per pump-out. Following this we would use yeast and we eventually got Odorlos. Recently I thought we were getting somewhere as it would be 3 weeks before we would get any bad smell, but after the last pumpout ( which we flushed twice ) the tanks are the worst they have been( only 13 days ago ). The only thing we have done is try a new toilet paper brand ( Which I will now be testing ).

I thought maybe it was because we put toilet paper on the dropthrough and we should only be doing that with a maserator.

I have also noted something rather strange with our rear tank. It have a Pumpout slot and a vent/flush slot next to each other on the side of the boat. I have traced the pipework back from each fitting and they go to either ends of a plastic tank. When I fill water down the rinse slot I get about 50l in and the water starts to flow out around the hose. A quick check via the toilet flap and I can see the tank is not full. I then add water down the pumpout hole and after about 15-20 seconds water and air blow out the rinse hole like a whale coming up to breath. I will continue to fill via the pumpout slot and then pumpout as much as possible and repeat the process. I have checked and there is no filter on the rinse/vent pipe and the tank is a flat rectangle. I cant see how the vent is blocked as it takes a fair amount of water before overflowing. Anyone had this before?

Thank s again