Sail away

jddevel

Featured Posts

My biggest problem with the idea of moving the vessel nearer home is my location. Being in Cornwall and the local infrastructure

not really suited to boat transport I may have difficulty in finding a suitable location. That said if I try hard enough I`m sure I will find something. Second point is the availability of a crane this end. I haven`t looked into it for a quote but think that the cost of 300 odd mile one way I would think quite high plus as I said the hire of a suitable crane. I`ll have to consider it.

Any hauliers suggested would be appreciated.

My biggest problem with the idea of moving the vessel nearer home is my location. Being in Cornwall and the local infrastructure

not really suited to boat transport I may have difficulty in finding a suitable location. That said if I try hard enough I`m sure I will find something. Second point is the availability of a crane this end. I haven`t looked into it for a quote but think that the cost of 300 odd mile one way I would think quite high plus as I said the hire of a suitable crane. I`ll have to consider it.

You'd be surprised how clever lorry and crane drivers can be!

My access is 200 yds down a narrow lane with a right angle turn up my drive with a ditch on either side.

Both the crane (120 tonner) and artic: lorry managed it with consummate ease. Embarrassed me 'cos I can't manage the dinghy on a trailer......

But you are going to have to pay to crane it off the lorry anyway whether at a boat yard or in a field. Just remember it will probably weight a few ton more when you come to move it the second time. I needed a bigger crane for the second lift which gave me a slight access problem. I am also down a narrow country lane but in Suffolk. A photo of it being lifted onto the lorry on my web site http://www.harnser.info/html/26_5_02.html