Safe moorings L & L after melling

luggsy

Featured Posts

Assuming you can get through the swing bridges I would say yes probably as safe as most suburban moorings. We stopped there briefly in June some other boats were staying over. I was very pleasantly surprised with most of the canal from Aintree to Liverpool. The country park near Litherland looked a safe enough bet to me. Although I expect some on here might have more experience of such places.

How about ringing the good people at the Wigan office for their advice. A few years ago we were told that to stop for water and Elsan was fine when heading into Liverpool but because they had arranged for staff to help with the locks then please don't overnight.

Coming from Liverpool towards Aintree it wouldn't be a problem stopping overnight there because you can join in with the incoming group the next day at the swingbridges. Tesco store is very handy at those services too.

Nowadays more passages have been arranged to cope with increasing numbers so I would ring for the current advice.

Mooring towards Maghull had been our preference. Buses are very frequent, every few minutes, from Maghull, Aintree, Litherland, Walton etc into town. You could explore those areas easily by public transport.