Paint

Traveller

Featured Posts

Working in the business as a signwriter and boat decorator, none of the yards I cover use water based paint, but then they all have covered docks. I suspect you may struggle to get a decent finish with water based paint, inasmuch as it dries so quickly. Having said that, my experience is limited to domestic water based stuff and Annie Sloan chalk paint, others may know differently...

Dave

Working in the business as a signwriter and boat decorator, none of the yards I cover use water based paint, but then they all have covered docks. I suspect you may struggle to get a decent finish with water based paint, inasmuch as it dries so quickly. Having said that, my experience is limited to domestic water based stuff and Annie Sloan chalk paint, others may know differently...

Dave

The domestic water based paint never seems to have much of a gloss and as said, brushmarks are tricky but - and here I am not at all sure of my facts, I think that some vehicle paint is now water based and is built up with a few coats and then a clear lacquer is applied on top, don't know if this could be used on a boat but might be worth finding out more.