Lancaster Canal trip 2006

bargiepat

Featured Posts

Hi there -- I am new to this forum but have been living on my narrowboat the Emi-Lou for the past 6 years. I'm currently wintering at Stenson, and will spend this summer on the Thames. Thought you might enjoy my slideshow of photographs from last summer, when I cruised on the Lancaster canal:

-- you need to have the sound on to enjoy the music!

Patrick.

Patrick, firstly, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I'm at home on a rather old PC on dial-up, so I'm not able to hear the music properly, and each picture took forever to load, but what I saw was good. I'll have a proper look when I'm back at work on a decent PC tomorrow!

I love the Lancaster Canal. It's not far from where I live, and we took our little boat on there many times last summer. Hope to do so again this year too!

Janet

Nice one Pat! and I did enjoy the music. I've booked to cross the Ribble in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to doing the Lancaster Canal.

Noah

Hi , When you get to Carnforth you can get the train to Ravensglass and then go on the narrow guage railway up to Eskdale... You can get a ticket that covers the whole trip. The line from Carnforth follows the coast and crosses at least 2 estuaries. You can get on and off the narrow guage , if you get off at Eskdale Green it is 1/4 mile walk to the George for a Pub lunch or just a drink and then get back on the train and go to the end of the line at Dalgarth.

You can then walk to Hardknott pass and go half way up to the old roman fort..........

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravenglass_and_Eskdale_Railway

NB.... Do not miss the last train BACK !!!!!

Regards Patrick

Edited by bargiepat

Hi there -- I am new to this forum but have been living on my narrowboat the Emi-Lou for the past 6 years. I'm currently wintering at Stenson, and will spend this summer on the Thames. Thought you might enjoy my slideshow of photographs from last summer, when I cruised on the Lancaster canal:

-- you need to have the sound on to enjoy the music!

Patrick.

Thanks for that I really enjoyed it

Cracking compilation, is that Wast Water at the end?

I love The Lanky, that's where we had our mooring (in fact still have till 31/3/2007, it's paid for and empty!!) before we sold the boat.

Recomend it to anyone. The Ribble Link is OK, just take Harry's advice at Tarleton, he is THE man in the know, so just do as he says and you'll be fine.

All the best for your crossing.