illness and CC'ing

rufus2015

Featured Posts

Sorry that my first thread is about CC'ing, i am new to boating, Got my licence in January, and intended to cruise all summer. However I have been in A & E, and been admitted to hospital, and im going to have to go back for more appointments. what are the rules if you get Ill on a constant cruising licence ?

I am looking for a mooring, but no luck yet. And I have got a letter from my GP as proof.

How long have I got to find a mooring ?

Best advice is ring CRT and explain the situation to them. They are generally helpful and co-operative with boaters in your position.

You say you were planning to CC for the summer. What were you going to do come autumn?

You don't have to keep moving if there's a reasonable reason not to - and an illness/medical issue is certainly a valid one.

That is correct but I would also advise communicating with them via email. Or at least confirming conversations by email just in case you end up in the left hand, right hand senario that is quite common within CRT

Might be an idea to contact CRT's Welfare Officer, Sean Williams ;

CRT, First Floor North, Station House, 500 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes MK9 1BB.

Responsibilities:

Provide expert advice for staff, volunteers, and stakeholders on matters involving vulnerable boaters, suggesting appropriate courses of action.

Be the point of contact in enforcement cases where the boat owner is discovered to have welfare needs, or has entered the enforcement process as a result of disability, illness, mental health issues, old age or responsibility for children.

Sorry, I don't have a phone No.

Yes good point maybe email him might be just as easy

I smashed my knee not so long ago and could hardly walk let alone stand up and steer the boat.

Saw a doctor who said that it will probably take a bout 4-5 weeks before it starts to feel better.

I emailed CRT and explained to them what I had done.

I got an email back the next day that said that they will inform the local enforcement officer

of my problem, and wished me well.

Rob....

I smashed my knee not so long ago and could hardly walk let alone stand up and steer the boat.

Saw a doctor who said that it will probably take a bout 4-5 weeks before it starts to feel better.

I emailed CRT and explained to them what I had done.

I got an email back the next day that said that they will inform the local enforcement officer

of my problem, and wished me well.

Rob....

yep they will put you in the hands of the local EO and you will then have to report to him if there are any changes.