Crossing the Wash

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

There were there three cruisers on the Chapel Hill pontoon (next water point from Kirkstead Bridge). Shame they need to leave 12 foot gap between each boat as it is a short pontoon.

I wonder if this is some sort of cruising club etiquette?

No need for a Willy waving contest

Plenty of knobs taking the space of several boats elsewhere in fenland ;)

There were there three cruisers on the Chapel Hill pontoon (next water point from Kirkstead Bridge). Shame they need to leave 12 foot gap between each boat as it is a short pontoon.

I wonder if this is some sort of cruising club etiquette?

Chapel Hill is a private mooring. They are their home berths.

Don't know how old your book is but we said to the lady off the boat we moored in front of yesterday that the next service moorings are in Boston.

Eta: the public moorings are opposite outside the pub. One pontoon is the pub pontoon, free if you eat in the pu. The other is Crt moorings.

Do your research before accusing folks of being inconsiderate, especially given you took a whole pontoon the evening previous!

Edited by Naughty Cal

I suppose, for the sake of posterity, I should reconstruct two missing posts, namely

1) I moored at Chapel Hill to have a look at Kyme Eau, before realising it was private moorings. No harm done. Reversing onto the main channel in the wind was quite exciting

dscf5354.jpg

2) He we are moored at Bardney for our BBQ. The adjacent cruisers offered to shuffle up but I was quite content (and this approach also left a space for any boats that might arrive later). Quite a long walk to retrieve the mooring pin.

dscf5381.jpg

Guessing the flotilla have been postponed further still.

Looks good for them Thursday and Friday though.

Glad we got back when we did!

Yes it does look pretty nasty. Wave heights currently 1.3m at Hunstanton, 25-30 kt winds at the Bulldog gauge. Thursday looks calmer.

Meanwhile, I am booking the return trip from Boston to Wisbech at 0600 on 11th August...

Seems like duff information then. I didn't see any private/no mooring notices nearby but I wasn't stopping as I wanted to get to Langrick Bridge before the chandlers closed. We ate in the Witham and Blues which was OK

• 2 months later...