Waterways World May Edition - My letter is included!

Featured Posts

Thanks! After all the criticism that CRT had been getting lately I thought it would be nice to show that they can be good when needed

I think most boaters are happy with CART.

Tim

I have always found that low level CRT employees are pleasant helpful and good workers .its the higher levels where the problems seem to come from i.e too many chiefs not enough Indians.

Actually. Truth be told. The gatekeeper at Harecastle was a little bit of a jobsworth. I omitted this part from the letter as in the great scheme of things it wasn't important. It wasn't until his supervisor came along that we finally were on the move

Obviously i don't know the story, but having had a death in the tunnel last year i would imagine Harecastle Tunnel is one place where they are completely entitled to be jobsworths.

Absolutely. Especially considering we passed through so soon after the unfortunate incident. I still think it would be interesting if CRT did try to put some dorm of lights in tunnels so we can see in depth what it's like within.

Edit to note. Having low level lighting will go a long way towards finding people who may have fallen in. If not later but those on board could immediately have the chance to see what is going on

Edited by Cruising Mike