Armstrong Siddeley and Triumph Sporting Six club invite to Bulkington

p6rob

Featured Posts

The Armstrong Siddeley Owners Club and Triumph Sports Six Club are having a gathering next weekend 9-10th May in and around Coventry. There's lots going on and you'd be more than welcome to some or all of it.

Most of the event is in Bulkington, although there is a trip to Coventry Motor Museum 9:00am Saturday and a Road Run on Sunday (I'm sure there will be spaces available in Siddeleys, Triumphs and others if you want a ride in one).

I'll post more details later when I've got them to hand.

Rob

I'll join!! Don't suppose anyone has any bits of fuel systems for them?? Or an electric start bell housing??

Which fuel system bits do you want? Not saying I have any, most of my bits went years ago, but I can look.

I did eventually find a barrel which someone on here was looking for, but they must have given up & gone away by the time I found it!

Tim

Pumps and injectors.

We've probably got 4 to restore. We might get 3 out of them. Don't suppose you've got any more bell housings lying around???

Dan

Sorry, no. Might have a fuel pump bracket (crankcase door) and a few covers, not much else. Oh,and that barrel and some used pistons (with rusty gudgeon pins now)

Just checked, nothing in the injector/pump drawer for Armstrong.

I do have several Lister HA injectors, of uncertain parentage, though. Look as though they may have been serviced about 50 years ago, they still have the little aluminium screw caps over the fuel connections!

Tim

Edited by Timleech

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, totally forgot to add details about today's schedule.

We met at coventry motor museum, then at 11:00, drove to the Bulkington, working mens club. After that we walked across to Leaping Cats for a look around the Jaguar Restoration workshop. One of the lads demonstrated using the English wheel to make a repair section for a Jaguar XK120.

17464717362_fd49320e68.jpg

The afternoon was fairly quiet, being from out of the area, we were invited to spend some time at one of the local member's house. Then back to the working men's club for a quiz, fish and chip supper. We left after the food, while the others stayed on for some live singing and entertainment.

17279070828_64653ee5a8.jpg

Tomorrow (Sunday) We're getting back to Bulkington Working Men's club in time for the road run at 11:00, we'll be taking some of the cars out on a 40 mile run (Spaces are bound to be available in some of the cars, if you want to come for a ride in an Armstrong Siddeley or Triumph). We've got space for one or, at a squeeze, two in a 1949 Typhoon.

We'll be back in Bulkington at about 1:00PM, in time for a BBQ.

Rob

Edited by p6rob

How many cars are attending? I can see four Diddleys in the photo but no Triumphs.

There were more cars in the back car park. Didn't count but about 6 Spitfires, a Stag, mazda and an Austin Cambridge were also there yesterday. There were also a few more Armstrongs including 346 and Star Sapphires.

They're a pretty welcoming bunch. Even allow me join in cool.png

As we lined up for the start, I noticed the NS front tyre was going flat. Someone lent me their foot pump, but it became pretty obvious there was a significant puncture. So, a couple of the old boys helped me change the tyre and the rest of the convoy delayed setting off until all four wheels were back on the ground.

Some of the cars from today:

17497501231_728c788002_k.jpg

Edited by p6rob