Advice on water levels

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

Hello. Happy St George's Day.

We are on our way from Alrewas to Shardlow. We then,after the Bank Holiday continue to the Crick area for the show.

The advice. With the change in weather and the forecast rainfall, will the levels on the canalised river(s) potentially be a problem?

I'm probably be a little dim, but worth asking.

Martyn

Hello. Happy St George's Day.

We are on our way from Alrewas to Shardlow. We then,after the Bank Holiday continue to the Crick area for the show.

The advice. With the change in weather and the forecast rainfall, will the levels on the canalised river(s) potentially be a problem?

I'm probably be a little dim, but worth asking.

Martyn

There is no doubt that rainfall can effect the river Soar sections but it is rather a depends kind of answer. It depends on how much rain falls. At moderate levels you may notice little or no difference but if there is a deluge over a few days some of the rivers sections could get rather exciting and best not to proceed through there should be notices up to warn you if that happens.

Watch the skies! and listen to the longer range forecast. In that area like many others next week it is showing rain forecast most days but only light rain so I woudl have thought it will be OK and no issue.

Thank You.

The forecast shows rain but not how much, there's two weather fronts due to converge over the weekend, this can,I believe cause a downfall. Boscastle?

I will of course keep an eye open.

Thanks again.

The soar heavy rain elsewhere like on the wolds can take as much as 24 hrs to suddenly lift levels but unless constant rain it soon goes down.

Don't forget to apply for your licence reduction you are on River only Shardlow to Leicester.