starter batteries

dominicebs

Featured Posts

I wouldnt go to Halfrauds as they tend to be very expensive but you can use starter batteries from a motor factors or battery suppliers.

Ours is just the biggest Bosch starter that our local battery suppliers had at the time. It has been on for five years and it still absolutely fine.

They do need to be suitable for starting a diesel engine of that size. Typically in cars with petrol and diesel variants, the diesel will use a bigger battery, able to provide the extra cranking amps that may be required over a petrol engine.

Halfords batteries are seldom good value, and the correct thing from a chandlery may well cost less.

What engine do you have as that will determine the battery size, mine is a 2.2 litre diesel from barrus and needs a 90 amp hour battery.

The ah is not really relevant for a dedicated starter, you need to look at the cold cranking amps (CCA) or Marine cranking Amps.(MCA)

I would use a motor factors as their throughput of stock will be far higher and you are likely to get a new battery, not one that has been filled with water 6 or more months ago.