Video of my boat being craned out!

Jen_P

Featured Posts

Thanks for sharing that Jen. I hope the journey goes well and you get her safely in the water at Shepperton

ETA: I thought they were all gin palaces moored there?

Edited by Kendal

Blacking her in a couple of months

Wanted to do it before she went back in but shepperton marina said the muck would be too dry and hard to get off after the journey on the lorry!

She'll be a tea and cake palace amongst the gin palaces!

I can't tell you all how much I am looking forward to moving on board and starting a whole new way of life!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that. They made it look simple...although I did catch myself saying...what if....what about.... ;-)

Thank you for sharing it.

When will it reach it's destination.?

Can we see it getting craned in :)

I was interested, I watched the whole video, although conscious that I was literally watching paint dry (and the muck on top of it).

Having now seen one boat-craning video, I may not watch a lot more of them, life is too short for that.

Interesting. When we moored at Mercia I always used to look out for craning out or craning in.

I find it interesting to watch anyway.

It's already been cranes in and even I didn't get to see it! Hoping that this time next week I'll have made it down the Thames to Brentford and will be spending my first night at my new mooring!

It's a lot warmer sitting in the armchair watching the video than it was being there ! Sorry you didn't get to see it craned in but glad it arrived safe and sound. Best wishes for new life afloat.

Sue & Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GregK, It was craned out of a marina in Thorne near Doncaster and sent to Shepperton marina and the tranporter company name and telephone number is shown near the end of the video clip on the side of the lorry.

Lainy will start fitting out my new boat in that berth at the end of this year, the excitement is building already, :-)

I don't know how you can bear the wait!!!! I'm loving life aboard Aurora. It's totally brilliant. I even don't mind emptying the cassette loo which I thought would be totally hideous! And Lainy has been totally brilliant - really, really supportive.

Hi Jen,

Glad you are enjoying the boating life, for me their is nothing like it. From watching the shadows on the ceiling reflecting from the water to listening to the pitter patter of raindrops on the roof I like you love it. Just sat in front of my stove now thinking how lucky I am

Peter