RSS Newsfeed

Hobart

Featured Posts

To get the feeds you have to have either a browser with a receive feeds option built in or download a news reader yourself..(very small software download)

I use Opera (browser) and the feed receiver is built in and depending on how you set the preferences you will recieve a note telling you that the site you have subscribed to has had an updates either once , twice or several times a day...depending on the settings you made ...then you click to look at that page if an update has been made...

Well thats my understanding of it..its probably not wholly correct & I don't subscribe to this site I subscribe to several of the Boat blogs...including granny Buttons

the BBC have a good page explaining about RSS feeds...here is the link...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3223484.stm

I try i try!!

- Im very trying infact.

I usually describe it as "like firefox only better" which i think is fair enough.

- I've still not really found a good answer to "but IE7 has tabs now so whats the point"

- Other than just "just try it" - just for a week, use opera (or even firefox) and then you will know!

Never go back...

...still have to keep a copy of IE6 in the background for all the retards who cant write webpages corrently!

Daniel

I try i try!!

- Im very trying infact.

I usually describe it as "like firefox only better" which i think is fair enough.

- I've still not really found a good answer to "but IE7 has tabs now so whats the point"

- Other than just "just try it" - just for a week, use opera (or even firefox) and then you will know!

Never go back...

...still have to keep a copy of IE6 in the background for all the retards who cant write webpages corrently!

Daniel

I am with you 100% on this Daniel - I've been using Opera since it first came out (actually one of the Beta testers!) - then it really did have the advantage of not wasting disc space - something that is less of a consideration these days!

At present, the RSS feed only works with the calender.... I did suggest they consider the forum but haven't done so! On here, it's not the most useful feature!

Jon

Ah right, thanks for the jon.

- As you say, it does seam fairly pointless, espically as we make very little use of the calender function...

• 1 year later...
Just found that the Blogs RSS feeds work OK in firefox - The rest of the forum still going to empty calender.

Yeah. I personally have never been one for RSS feeds. But i would be nice if the forum did support them more fully and i will endevor to look into it at some point with Jon, although unfortunatly its clearly not a prioraty and time is something i dont have masses off.

Cheers, Daniel.