Oops Betty it's done a whoopsie!!

Happy Bachelor

Featured Posts

"Taking the dog out of a walk" strikes me as a euphemism.

What dog owners really mean is "Taking the dog out for a shit", don't they?

Picking up the dog shit is a recent phenomenon. Nobody ever did this until ten or fifteen years ago IIRC. It's a very welcome development in my view even though many still don't do it.

The more dog shit put in bags and hung in trees the better as far as I am concerned. I'd far rather dog owners did this than than left it on the ground for me to step in. Every bag in a tree is a dog turd no-one will be stepping in, thank goodness. Even worse getting it on your mooring lines.

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

"Taking the dog out of a walk" strikes me as a euphemism.

What dog owners really mean is "Taking the dog out for a shit", don't they?

Another euphemism is 'going out to empty the dog'. That's a bit more graphic as it forces the dog owner to think about what is happening.

I'm absolutely with the OP on this one. Dog residue is nasty and a health risk, especially to children. Why can't dogs wear nappies? (Yes, I am serious).

Another euphemism is 'going out to empty the dog'. That's a bit more graphic as it forces the dog owner to think about what is happening.

I'm absolutely with the OP on this one. Dog residue is nasty and a health risk, especially to children. Why can't dogs wear nappies? (Yes, I am serious).

Then we'd have hedges and trees full of dog nappies!

:)

MtB

Why can't dogs wear nappies? (Yes, I am serious).

I share your frustration, but your idea is too widely aimed.

Like most humans, dogs don't crap 24/7 but instead have daily routines. They can be trained to go on command quite easily too. So, responsible owners know exactly when the dog will empty itself, hence there's no need for nappies for responsibly owned dogs since they're not contributing to the issue here.

Same as dogs don't need to bark, jump up or otherwise make a nuisance of themselves - if a dog's a nuisance, it's usually down to poor training due to the ignorance (not necessarily deliberate), laziness, or irresponsibility of the owner.

They say there's no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners - I'm not sure about that, but I would offer that if a responsible owner has a problem dog, they'll make sure that it has little impact on the rest of the world.

Just my 5 cents. YMMV.

Like most humans, dogs don't crap 24/7 but instead have daily routines. They can be trained to go on command quite easily too. So, responsible owners know exactly when the dog will empty itself, hence there's no need for nappies for responsibly owned dogs since they're not contributing to the issue here.

Same as dogs don't need to bark, jump up or otherwise make a nuisance of themselves - if a dog's a nuisance, it's usually down to poor training due to the ignorance (not necessarily deliberate), laziness, or irresponsibility of the owner.

They say there's no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners - I'm not sure about that, but I would offer that if a responsible owner has a problem dog, they'll make sure that it has little impact on the rest of the world.

Just my 5 cents. YMMV.

This /\ /\.

We have a routine now where Simon 'goes' at home first thing on a morning at home and normally 'goes' again on a particular stretch of grass on his daily walk, which convieiently is very near a local authority dog poo bin. He doesn't get it right 100% of the time but then at least he tries.

Whatever though I always have enough bags with me including when walking him from the boat as this sometimes disrupts the routine too.

Edited by The Dog House

Just my 5 cents. YMMV.

As do the irrresponsible owners which is why they choose to walk them along the towpaths when they need to drop a load . a few well publicised court cases where large fines and costs have been imposed on owners would I am sure concentrate the minds of some of the filthy culprits.