nb Russia

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

"limited pool of bidders " is that another way of saying mates in the trade?

I'm not really sure. I'm guessing CaRT have certain companies who have guaranteed resources who will stump up the cash within short timescale and remove boat promptly.

By having a public auction on some-ones Sectioned boat is slightly like profiteering off an unfortunates position?

(All above is guesswork).

I'm guessing CaRT have certain companies who have guaranteed resources who will stump up the cash within short timescale and remove boat promptly.

Yes that sounds about right from CRT POV. Easier for them to dispose of boats that way with no hassle.

It does mean that anything with a resale value goes into the trade and by the looks of the boats Commercial Boat Services of Chester are selling the public gets offered the stuff the trade don't want.

By having a public auction on some-ones Sectioned boat is slightly like profiteering off an unfortunates position?

presumably the trade sales are done on a sealed bid basis.

I doubt CRT make any profit from boat sales when contractors recovery costs etc have been paid for, never mind the lost licence fees and legal costs.

I'm not really sure. I'm guessing CaRT have certain companies who have guaranteed resources who will stump up the cash within short timescale and remove boat promptly.

(All above is guesswork).

Not really, I'd have thought the opposite. Having a public auction realises the maximum value of the boat and shows CRT have used their 'best endeavours' to minimise their (and the boater's) losses. Once the boater's account for raising, recovery, disposal tec has been finalised any surplus funds can be returned to them.

This is the way it works with house repossessions to ensure fair dealing and to prevent suspicions of corruption. I see no reason why 'the trade' cannot put in their bid at a public auction, other than that they would be too low to win.

It stinks.

MtB

Not really, I'd have thought the opposite. Having a public auction realises the maximum value of the boat and shows CRT have used their 'best endeavours' to minimise their (and the boater's) losses. Once the boater's account for raising, recovery, disposal tec has been finalised any surplus funds can be returned to them.

This is the way it works with house repossessions to ensure fair dealing and to prevent suspicions of corruption. I see no reason why 'the trade' cannot put in their bid at a public auction, other than that they would be too low to win.

It stinks.

MtB

Exactly this. Reads like CRT taking advantage of a vulnerable person.

Exactly this. Reads like CRT taking advantage of a vulnerable person.

Or more likely, individual unnamed managers accepting brown envelopes under the desk in return for NOT auctioning it publicly.

There. See my point?

MtB

• 1 month later...