I love a really hot Shower!

Lostsky

Featured Posts

15 hours ago, The Grumpy Triker said:

I’d hope so in which case it would probably work....down side is that it is on the bank side so even 300mm could be an issue.....given what I’ve read I’m guessing there is an issue with detachable flues and gas as no-one has mentioned it...but I’m far from being any source of real knowledge on here, hence the question. Have read loads on here but most of the decent reviews are for heaters which are no longer made and getting harder to find in decent nick.

Next BSS is two years away so would hate to spend any savings on a new system and then have to rip it out in 2yrs time. ?

My flue length is over 600mm long if I add inside and outside the boat. It's detachable and about 150mm is left above the roof when I take it off. Why would there be an issue with a detachable flue and gas? You mean flue gases? Just don't use it when you're on the move if you're concerned that it's not drawing properly. If no one has mentioned it why would you assume it's an issue? I'd assume it isn't.

I installed a new Morco D61 a couple of years ago. They're discontinued now but I still think you can find them new. If you follow the BSS guidelines to the letter there's no reason you'd have to rip out a proper installation. It's just botched installations which would be condemned.

6 hours ago, blackrose said:

My flue length is over 600mm long if I add inside and outside the boat. It's detachable and about 150mm is left above the roof when I take it off. Why would there be an issue with a detachable flue and gas? You mean flue gases? Just don't use it when you're on the move if you're concerned that it's not drawing properly. If no one has mentioned it why would you assume it's an issue? I'd assume it isn't.

I installed a new Morco D61 a couple of years ago. They're discontinued now but I still think you can find them new. If you follow the BSS guidelines to the letter there's no reason you'd have to rip out a proper installation. It's just botched installations which would be condemned.

Hi there, thanks for that...nope not worried about using it on the move - hard to have a shower & steer the boat as a solo ?

I’ve just been going by comments from others and get the feeling that BSS could be an issue....maybe I should find one near me and get his guidance as would be happy with the detachable if allowed.

will have a hunt for the D61 as spares seem a plenty still....thanks again for the input ??