Anglers Update

leg0

Featured Posts

The Canal & River Trust have put together their first anglers e -newsletter. There a few interesting articles and read what the fisheries team do.

It can be found on their website in the fishing section or by following this link.

You can even subscribe for future editions.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/news-and-views/features/anglers-update

The Canal & River Trust have put together their first anglers e -newsletter. There a few interesting articles and read what the fisheries team do.

It can be found on their website in the fishing section or by following this link.

You can even subscribe for future editions.https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/news-and-views/features/anglers-update

. About time, cart and before them bw have failed dismally for years to utilise an asset worth million,s ,fishing is the largest participant sport in the country and generates millions if not billions of pounds per year, cart are in possession of the two main ingredient,s i,e water and fish, I know quite a few people that generate a good living each year from as little as three or four acres of water so just think how much acreage CRT have and the wealth that could be raised from it instead of expecting boaters to pay for the entire network whilst keeping access free to most other users,

Could be a useful tool too to remind anglers of where it is OK to fish from and where it is not as I genuinely believe some don't do it out of bloody mindedness but rather ignorance.

The bloody minded ones will of course carry on as normal but there is no real answer for them as they wont take an interest in such a news letter.

Well I don't think they are going to ban fishing and to be honest I wouldn't, particularly, want C&RT to do that. But I cannot see a significant number of fishermen, or boaters, that do not like each other, changing their ways. What I will say is that whether we like C&RT or not they are all we have. I think that Boaters, Fishermen, Cyclists and Walkers all need to work together to make The Canal and River Trust an organisation that we can work with and that will benefit all users of the canals. Now having said that I have absolutely no idea how that can be achieved. What I do know is there are a lot of boaters, fishermen, walkers and cyclists that vent their spleens at each other and, to an extent, that energy would be far better put to making C&RT a better organisation. Fishermen bellowing at boaters and boaters bellowing at fishermen will, probably, never change but IMO there is an awful lot of energy going to waste whilst we could be using that energy to change, what I see, as the apathy of The Canal and River Trust. In my opinion I think that The Canal and River Trust would just as soon do away with all boaters and the "hassle" they get from them (hassle is good IMO). That is not an option for C&RT but that is the way I think they think.

I wish they would ban fishing on the K&A.

If you fished the actual river Kennet (not the K+A) before the K+A was re-opened for boats I think you would be astounded in the effect it had on that river. Plenty of anglers hate the fact their special chalk stream river in parts has been degraded by Canal boats so I would not crow out so much divisive dribble - better to find ways of working together.

Edited by mark99