Nb Firefly

junior

Featured Posts

I own Firefly, and to put all your fears at rest - the engine is alive and kicking. It has been a steep learning curve, but there is no way I would ever want to remove it. In fact today, I just finished routing pipework to get the air start restored (something I decided after spending a weekend kicking over the flywheel at Banbury last year). I can now start the engine every time on the first or second kick, there is a knack to it.

Last November I arranged a visit to the T'Kromhout Museum, in Amsterdam to meet the many Dutch Kromhout enthusiasts, they were warm, hospitable, and supportive, I left with much knowledge, information, and a prized gift. On the same trip, in Southern Holland I met an avid collector who has 20 Kromhout engines lined up in a warehouse, and witnessed him air starting an M2. Sitting in another warehouse, was a beautiful dutch barge he is restoring along with it's original Kromhout M0 engine. Another generous Dutchman (with a Kromhout tattoo!), he sent me back to England with a couple of injectors for another Kromhout owner in the UK.

By strange co-incidence, I currently work for Plenty & Sons, Newbury - the mfr of the British Kromhout until 1920 (something I didn't know of when I bought the boat). Hence I am currently moored at Newbury Marina, roll on summer....

• Greenie 1

I watched Firefly go down Kintbury Lock a couple of days ago and so can independently conirm that said engine is still in the boat, looking and sounding wonderful.

...........Dave