Featured Posts

I usually charge my batteries using solar. Occasionally I find myself staying in places with large buildings and, especially in the winter, I notice my batteries aren't getting topped up enough. I have a generator but do not want to damage the batteries by using a rubbish charger. What would people suggest. Generator claims to be 1000W and I have 3no 110A leisure batteries I want to charge.

Thanks!

I am in the open in a marina and solar panels 300watt did very little good on Monday cloudy & dull, Today's sun this morning not bad .

Luckily I have a landline so can put Sterling 50amp Charger on .

I have 3x 135a batteries .

Batteries need a good charger Above 10% of battery capacity.

I have doubts that your generator would be good enough however a short run of engine will start initial charge and could then be taken over by charger as amps needed will be lower.

I usually charge my batteries using solar. Occasionally I find myself staying in places with large buildings and, especially in the winter, I notice my batteries aren't getting topped up enough. I have a generator but do not want to damage the batteries by using a rubbish charger. What would people suggest. Generator claims to be 1000W and I have 3no 110A leisure batteries I want to charge.

Thanks!

You will do a lot more damage to your batteries by not charging them! - any nominal 12 volt charger will be better than nothing.