bmc 1.8 oil filter

gracyf

Featured Posts

Hi all looking through this forum I am struggling to find the definative reference for a replacement oil filter for a 1.8 bmc. I understand this may be a hard to answer question as when visiting a motor factor I was presented with the 3 options all much smaller than my original which may or may not be correct

My thanks in advance

Fram PH 2857A

This is the same as for my Bukh DV36 and Calcutt told me it was also for a BMC1.8. They also have rather a lot in stock.

Also one of the Ford Sierra 1.8s and possibly other Sierras.

This is a fairly large filter and smaller ones will fit. Many have the same filter pore size but teh smalle rit is teh sooner it will clog so always go for the largest. Loads have the same thread and gasket size.

Fram PH 2857A

This is the same as for my Bukh DV36 and Calcutt told me it was also for a BMC1.8. They also have rather a lot in stock.

Also one of the Ford Sierra 1.8s and possibly other Sierras.

This is a fairly large filter and smaller ones will fit. Many have the same filter pore size but the smaller it is the sooner it will clog so always go for the largest. Loads have the same thread and gasket size.

• 2 weeks later...