another unlicenced boat

b0atman

Featured Posts

All the boats that are in Harefield and not licensed/insured etc don't move so the only time they would cause a problems is if you hit one. Saying that one or two go to the pump out ever 2-3 months but...

Ive checked and as I said, an unlicensed marina BSS/insurance/License is not required. No one is forcing you to stay in an unlicensed Marina. I dont think there has been a incident there for years certainly the 3 1/2 years Ive been there. Its probably one of the most tranquil places around and 20 mins to London too.

Bob

I'm not really sure what you're saying- Are you saying no one is forcing me to stay in a marina that does not require insurance or BSS-If so- you're right, because I'm not forced to stay anywhere I dont want to. The marina I stayed in which didn't require a licence, did require BSS and Insurance and in my opinion rightly so. I was happy with that and enjoyed my time there and if you're happy in a marina that doesn't require them then that's fine for you, but wouldn't be for me

If you stand still on the wrong pavement in London, on a line or not, thousands of people will feel very annoyed with you but none of them will say anything as they rush past you 3" away. There's a reason why the pavement on the east side of London Bridge is so wide.

Yeah. I heard of a count of 250,000 people crossing that bridge every day a while back. With London Bridge station moving more people every day than were moved on D-Day

How many people who aren't utterly skint don't insure their boats fully comp? It seems like madness to me, my greatest fear isn't someone hitting me it's the damn thing catching on fire on account of it being full of dry wood.

I never insure anything "fully comp" as I have never met anyone who has taken out of their insurance more than they put in, with the exception of car insurance which, bizarrely, is cheaper fully comp than third party.

I underwrite my own possessions and what I have saved in insurance is far greater than the value of everything I own.

My only insurance is that which is legally required, third party cover and buildings cover for my home because it is the only thing I own that I could not afford to replace (or do without) if it was destroyed.